Tutorial: Device Restart and Factory settings
The default mbNET LAN IP-address and subnetmask are as follows:
- IP address: 192.168.0.100
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
The default mbNET user name and password are:
- User name: admin
- Password: is unique for each device and can be found on the back of the device.
There are a couple of ways to restart the mbNET-device:
- Using the mbNET-device portal configuration page.
- Using your browser to open mbNET-device portal configuration page.
- Using the Web2go connection.
On location of the mbNET-device:
- mbNET-device webpage by connecting a PC to the LAN-interface.
- Pushing the reset-button on the front panel of mbNET-device.
In this tutorial we focus on resetting the mbNET-device using the reset button.
You can use a paper clip and press the Resetbutton on the mbNET.
The device will now restart.
The restart is complete once the "Rdy" and "Pwr" LEDs both light up.
In case that the mbNET-device gets unresponsive or a corrupt configuration has been uploaded, you can reset the mbNET-device back to its factory default configuration. It is also good practice to start with the factory default configuration when uploading a new mbNET-device configuration file.
3. Now press and hold the "Dial Out" button down until "Fc4" LED lights up.
5. Release and press the "Dial Out" button again(LED "Fc2" lights up).
6. Finally release and press the "Dial Out" button once more so that the LED's "Fc4", "Fc3" and "Fc2" goes off.
The custom configuration is now deleted, the mbNET-device reboots and loads the factory default settings.
The mbNET-device is now ready to be configured.
1. a) Switch on the mbNET or
b) if the mbNET is ready for operation, press the
2. When the LED Rdy flashes (green), turn the key switch - with
the red key - to the switch position RST and hold this key position.
3. When LED Fc3 is flashing (orange), release the key
When both the Pwr and Rdy LEDs light up,
the mbNET.rokey is reset to its „factory default configuration
and is ready to be configured.